The Safe Routes Partnership (Safe Routes Partnership) is a network of hundreds of partner organizations, schools, agencies and businesses that support the development and implementation of successful Safe Routes to School programs and policies throughout the United States. Our mission is to advance safe walking and bicycling to and from schools, and in daily life, to improve the health and well-being of America’s children and to foster the creation of livable, sustainable communities.
The Safe Routes Partnership is a leading national organization advancing policies, strategies and programs which connect transportation with safe, healthy community designs that increase physical activity opportunities for children, families and schools. We further our mission by supporting policy change, inspiring action and leadership in states and local communities, and sharing our deep knowledge and expertise through a wide range of programs, initiatives and partnerships.
A core priority of the Safe Routes Partnership is to engage partners who will work with us to achieve our mission and goals. We invite all interested organizations, schools, agencies and businesses that commit to working for the common good of Safe Routes to School and agree to the Safe Routes Partnership’s core values as delineated in the corresponding consensus statement to become a partner affiliate.
Partner affiliates pledge to do the following:
- Communicate and reiterate key messages provided by the Safe Routes Partnership, when possible, to engage your stakeholders in support of Safe Routes to School and healthy community design.
- Participate in and provide feedback about the resources, programs and strategic direction of the Safe Routes Partnership.
- Work together with the Safe Routes Partnership and other partner affiliates to advance our mission and goals through sharing information, best practices, research, advancing policy change and other activities.
The Safe Routes Partnership pledges to:
- Bring together stakeholders under our common desire to see Safe Routes to School and healthy community design programs and policies flourish and grow throughout the United States.
- Have available a full range of educational, promotional, and technical resources to implement Safe Routes to School and related programs and policies.
- Expand the reach of Safe Routes to School, including the need to serve more diverse communities and constituents, at local, state and national levels.
The Safe Routes Partnership will provide an opportunity to meet in person with our partners at least once a year, to continue to advance our mission and vision and the Safe Routes to School movement in the United States.